Website home page
07:28 pm 10/Apr/20
Dear blessed congregation.
Here is the link for the online timetable for The Holy Week 2020:
Remember, all services will be live-streamed. See our webpage for details: www.StMary.org.au
Also this is the link for the interactive online Holy Week book
06:52 pm 10/Apr/20
09:15 pm 24/Mar/20
We supplicate to our God that our prayers set before Him like the incense sweet aroma and that He accepts the sacrifice of raising our hands before Him. Therefore, we gather daily in the evening to offer the sacrifice of lifting our hands before Him to ask for forgiveness, mercy and compassion.
- From 7:00-7:45pm midnight prayer with meditation in English
- From 7:45-8:30pm midnight prayer with meditation in Arabic
We are also granted a permission to raise the sacrifice of the Holy Liturgy by Only one priest and one deacon. The congregation are not permitted to attend due to the Government restrictions, but they can follow the liturgy through live Streaming.
The Service Timetable of the Liturgies are as follows
From Monday to Friday:
- Arabic Mass from 12-2:30pm from the altar of Pope Kyrillos The Pillar of Faith and Pope Kyrillos VI (Small Church)
- English Mass from 12-2:30pm from the altar of the Virgin St Mary and St Mina. (Big Church)
On Saturday and Sunday:
- Arabic Mass from 8:15-10:30am from the altar of Pope Kyrillos The Pillar of Faith and Pope Kyrillos V I (Small Church)
- English Mass from 8:15-10:30am from the altar of the Virgin St Mary and St Mina. (Big Church)
We all pray for the safety of the world, Australia and the blessed people of our Church, and we pray to our compassionate God to open the door of His house to us and gather all the parishioners together in the life of communion and the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
10:58 pm 22/Mar/20
Just announced - all places of worship to be closed from 12pm Monday 23 March 2020, until further notice
Dear beloved congregation,
Our Prime Minister announced tonight that all churches will be closed, effective midday tomorrow (23 March 2020). The following Masses will be held tomorrow in the big church:
- 1st Mass 5-7 am
- 2nd Mass 8-10 am
- 3rd Mass 10-12 pm
Note that each Mass will be limited to 100 attendees, and social distancing rules will also apply.
May our kind Lord have mercy on us all during this time, and provide us His Grace to get through this together.
God bless you all.
05:22 pm 21/Mar/20
In adherence to the discussions and restrictions imposed by the Australian Federal government, the guidance of our beloved father HE Metropolitan Tadros and in the interest of safety and protection of our entire congregation, the church will:
- Comply with the directions of the Australian government in all Masses and Saturday’s Vespers previously announced in the previous service timetable.
- Suspend Sunday school and Pre-servants classes. These will resume in an online format from the following week.
- Suspend all youth meetings and Bible study meetings.
- Hold a daily prayer meeting starting from Monday, 23rd March 2020 at 7:00 to 8:00pm. This will be live streamed on the church website and Youtube.
We all pray for the world to be safe from this pandemic, for healing for all sufferers, and protection for everyone.
“O God our helper, protect the world from death, scarcity, pestilence, ...” (from the nighttime Litanies of the Holy Pascha)
St Mary and St Mina’s Cathedral