Website home page
06:52 pm 10/Apr/20
09:15 pm 24/Mar/20
We supplicate to our God that our prayers set before Him like the incense sweet aroma and that He accepts the sacrifice of raising our hands before Him. Therefore, we gather daily in the evening to offer the sacrifice of lifting our hands before Him to ask for forgiveness, mercy and compassion.
- From 7:00-7:45pm midnight prayer with meditation in English
- From 7:45-8:30pm midnight prayer with meditation in Arabic
We are also granted a permission to raise the sacrifice of the Holy Liturgy by Only one priest and one deacon. The congregation are not permitted to attend due to the Government restrictions, but they can follow the liturgy through live Streaming.
The Service Timetable of the Liturgies are as follows
From Monday to Friday:
- Arabic Mass from 12-2:30pm from the altar of Pope Kyrillos The Pillar of Faith and Pope Kyrillos VI (Small Church)
- English Mass from 12-2:30pm from the altar of the Virgin St Mary and St Mina. (Big Church)
On Saturday and Sunday:
- Arabic Mass from 8:15-10:30am from the altar of Pope Kyrillos The Pillar of Faith and Pope Kyrillos V I (Small Church)
- English Mass from 8:15-10:30am from the altar of the Virgin St Mary and St Mina. (Big Church)
We all pray for the safety of the world, Australia and the blessed people of our Church, and we pray to our compassionate God to open the door of His house to us and gather all the parishioners together in the life of communion and the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
10:58 pm 22/Mar/20
Just announced - all places of worship to be closed from 12pm Monday 23 March 2020, until further notice
Dear beloved congregation,
Our Prime Minister announced tonight that all churches will be closed, effective midday tomorrow (23 March 2020). The following Masses will be held tomorrow in the big church:
- 1st Mass 5-7 am
- 2nd Mass 8-10 am
- 3rd Mass 10-12 pm
Note that each Mass will be limited to 100 attendees, and social distancing rules will also apply.
May our kind Lord have mercy on us all during this time, and provide us His Grace to get through this together.
God bless you all.
05:22 pm 21/Mar/20
In adherence to the discussions and restrictions imposed by the Australian Federal government, the guidance of our beloved father HE Metropolitan Tadros and in the interest of safety and protection of our entire congregation, the church will:
- Comply with the directions of the Australian government in all Masses and Saturday’s Vespers previously announced in the previous service timetable.
- Suspend Sunday school and Pre-servants classes. These will resume in an online format from the following week.
- Suspend all youth meetings and Bible study meetings.
- Hold a daily prayer meeting starting from Monday, 23rd March 2020 at 7:00 to 8:00pm. This will be live streamed on the church website and Youtube.
We all pray for the world to be safe from this pandemic, for healing for all sufferers, and protection for everyone.
“O God our helper, protect the world from death, scarcity, pestilence, ...” (from the nighttime Litanies of the Holy Pascha)
St Mary and St Mina’s Cathedral
05:52 pm 20/Mar/20
Subject to the decisions and restrictions imposed by the Australian Federal government, and the guidance of our beloved father
HE Metropolitan Tadros, the ritual services in the Cathedral are arranged as follows:
- The Masses: From Monday to Saturday will be as advertised before in the Lent Service Timetable with the commitment of restricting the number of worshipers in each mass to less than 100 individuals.
- Saturday's Vespers: English, Arabic, and The Tasbeha as in the Lent Service Timetable.
- Sunday Masses:
Arabic Masses' Service in the Small Church
• First Mass: from 5:30 to 8:00 am
• Second Mass: from 8:30 to 11:00 am
English Masses' Service in the Big Church.
• First Mass: 7.00 - 9.00 am (for all English speakers, those who do not have children in Sunday School and multicultural).
• Second Mass: 9:00 to 10:30 am (for youth and High school Students of Sunday schools).
• Third Mass: From 9.00-10.30 am Pope Shenouda III's Hall in the school, for primary Sunday school children with parents, and it is imperative that the number in each Mass should not exceed 100 individuals. And if there is any increase in the number, the liturgy can be continued from the Pergolas area until Holy Communion. We remind you about the way of having the Holy Communion, We Should wait in our places and exit row by row in order to partake from the Holy communion as we used to do , and we thank you in advance for your cooperation with us.
- Sunday School Service and Pre-Servants Preparation's Service: Without opening service from 10.45-11.30am. Everyone then quietly leaves the church (all sport activities, excursions, camps and retreats Should stop).
- There will be no food services or preparing meals at all, and each family can arrange this for their children from home.
- Youth Meeting and English Bible Study: as it is, with a commitment to the number as they used to do. (All sports and social activities should be cancelled).
- There will be no activities for the Children's Club and the Youth 4 Christ on Friday.
- There are no Arabic Meetings i.e. Pope Kyrillos” Meeting on Tuesday, and St. Joseph's Meeting on Friday will be cancelled.
- We all hope to sanctify this fast and raise our hearts for the sake of saving the world from this epidemic, and that the Lord bless the steps of the Australian government in combating this epidemic.
- We ask everyone to offer sincere individual and collective repentance so that God have compassion on us, save us all and make His house always open to us. Therefore, we encourage everyone to take an appointment for confession from the priests as soon as possible.
- If greeting people by shaking hands, or by kisses and hugs, is an act of love, then now stopping yourself practicing those acts is an act of mercy expressing itself through love. We hope to abide by that to protect our people and our country, Australia.
- Please commit yourself to use the antiseptic solution located at the entrance to each church, also use it when leaving the church.
- We ask the elderly and those who suffer from some chronic diseases or weak immunity to attend the mass during the days of the week to avoid any infection, and the Rev Fathers are ready to give Holy Communion to those who wish in their homes.
- We appeal to everyone who suffers from some symptoms such as high temperature and coughing and sore throat to rest at home and visit their doctor.
- We ask the children of the church to inform us immediately of any result of Corona virus tests.
- We ask the children of the Church to avoid family's gathering in house visits to avoid any infection.
- There is a prayer meeting at home every Wednesday at 7.00-7:30 pm (can be followed up on Live streaming) for the safety of the world, Australia and the Church, to ask God to save us all from famine, plagues, earthquakes, drawings, fire,….etc “Litany of the Place”
St Mary and St Mina's Cathedral